Thursday, January 20, 2011

YA section of the library

Although many of my classmates were disappointed with the YA section of their library or bookstore, I was pleasantly surprised by the one at the new branch of the LPL. It was in the front corner of the library with lots of windows and posters on the wall. The one poster that I noticed the most was of the actor who played Harry Potter that said READ (See below). The display of the books also corresponded with some of the theories that I have been learning about in Philosophy of Libraries, mostly the Principle of Least Effort. Most of the books had the cover facing the reader, rather than the spine, which attracts more readers.

I was impressed with the YA section at the new library and I imagine that it will attract many young adults who are stuck there while their siblings are taking swimming lessons at the YMCA in the same building.


No comments: