Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Pretties by Scott Westerfeld




Okay, I have been getting a lot of pressure to update this more (thanks to Theresa, Sarah, Nads, Mark...) so I will try.

After finishing Westerfeld's Uglies I found myself addicted to the story. The next book in this 'trilogy plus one' is Pretties. It is just as addicting as the last half of Uglies and so I couldn't put it down.

In the second book, Tally has been made "pretty" by the surgery and remembers little about what happened at the Smoke. She finds herself with few cares other than what to wear to the next big social gathering. Naturally her past begins to haunt her as memories of the Smoke and David gradually return even though she has fallen for another pretty, Zane. Will she return to the Smoke to help her old friends? Will she be caught by the Specials?

This book is even better than the first, in my opinion. There was little of the 'slow' time that I found at the beginning of the Uglies. It has a fast moving plot without jeopardizing character development. I have the third book, but I am painfully forcing myself to finish my academic work for the term before I read it. Less than two weeks!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Nads. I've never heard of this series. Once I get through the books sitting on my shelf unread,I'm going to look up some fun YA books like these. :)